This award is presented to a programme that is predominately based on music or musicians.
• To recognise the importance of broadcasting that serves ethnic or minority community interests.
• To recognise excellence in broadcasting from Access radio stations.
These awards are made to programmes broadcast on Community Access licensed stations only and reflect the value of community access broadcasting to their communities of interest. These communities may include cultural, ethnic and social minorities, special needs and special interest groups within the wider New Zealand society. Programmes should be by, for and about the target community.
• Audio must be a maximum of 30 minutes duration.
• Music may be shortened if necessary.
• Programmes not in English must be accompanied by the script in English translation.
• A brief written statement (maximum 600 words) of how well the programme serves its community and evidence of this including direct involvement and participation
• Judging will value musical knowledge, technical quality and originaity of presentation.
Click here to download the written submission template for this award. You will be required to submit this as part of your application. Not to exceed 600 words.